HOME BLOG SHOP FORUM CONTACT US TERMS

Buying 2 units for UAV, Usage Plan, Services, etc.

Hi,

I am planning to buy 2 units (i.e. UPM-Lite Kit and UPM-Std Kit) for base and rover for UAV Mapping.

Is one order of ONE YEAR Usage Plan is good to activate 2 units Alpha for RTK and raw measurement SD-card logging capability?

Or I don’t need Usage Plan but only the Floating IP base re-directing service $45 per 6 months?

I like to hear from you soon, so I can buy.

Thanks, Noli

I bought 2 units for the same purpose. I bought one standard kit with a license and another starter kit with no license. I was told to use the starter as a base and the standard on the UAV but i never got it to work. Had problems with recording the shutter signal input. But everything else worked great.

Also i should mention that the PPS (time stamp sync) only has the ability to be a master signal not a slave signal. Depending on the UAV and the application this might cause problems too.

Camera flash / shutter signal to Apha RTK receiver not working, so never manage to get the PPK working.

How did you manage to get mosaicked map from the result (geotagged photos) this system? Is it good, or you have not produce any map from using this Alpha RTK system?

So PPS pin 2 signal only works if it is base / master, not rover / slave. Not so good news for the other use in UAV aside from mapping (i.e. camera).

Pin 2 —> 1PPS (1 pulse per second) output signal

If I am not mistake Pin 3 ( i.e. (Pin 3 ----> External camera trigger input signa1) is for the time stamping)) for the flash signal (e.g. hot shoe signal ). I think this is pin for time stamp sync.

Nope i gave up trying to get geotagging working. Went with a different unit. I use the standard unit to create GCP’s however. But the starter kit is basically useless when it comes to any sort of uav/robot integration. Sync rates (hz) are only 1hz and the IO interface is very limited in functionality( even more so than the standard alpha). I was looking into integrating this unit into our UAV multi-sensor project but quickly realized it was best used as a GCP collector

Hi nsicad,
Is one order of ONE YEAR Usage Plan is good to activate 2 units Alpha for RTK and raw measurement SD-card logging capability?
–>An ONE YEAR Usage Plan is for one unit. In your case you will need 2 Usage Plans.

Or I don’t need Usage Plan but only the Floating IP base re-directing service $45 per 6 months?
–>“Floating IP base re-directing service” is NTRIP Caster service. If you set up your Caster server, you will not need to purchase one.

Thanks Jim.

I will buy if I can get a good explaination about the 4-pin connector to camera.

4-pin connector especially Pin 3 would be probably the key to make the PPK working.

What sort of cameras are working with 4 pin connector? Is the pin 3 a trigger to camera? However, it is IN. It must be a time mark / time stamp to the RTK receiver for PPK purposes?