HOME BLOG SHOP FORUM CONTACT US TERMS

Can a long baseline prevent FIX RTK?

Hi,

I am performing my first tests with a single rover and a public CORS station. I have not been able to get FIX RTK except for a second or two which is rapidly lost to become FLOAT RTK or DGPS. I get 14-15 >40dB satellites (GPS+GLONASS) good internet connection for CORS communication and no way.

Everything seems correct but the only potential problem is baseline (32 KMS from station). Is this a real issue to get RTK FIX? I understand it should not affect to get a FIX but to get a good precision. Perhaps I am wrong. How can we check?

Thanks in advance

As soon as I have written this there is something I don’t understand. Through Lefebure NTRIP client I have marked VRS3 as the solution so I should be getting a VRS for my approximate virtual base station, right? Why am I getting a baseline of 32 KMS then?

GPS/GLONASS RTK will work up to baseline of around 7Km.

GPS/Beidou RTK will work up to baseline of 10Km.

Will be good to also connect USB cable using RTK Viewer to check baseline length. In rare cases I’ve seen couple hundred meter baseline reported as couple kilometer baseline by Lefebure NTRIP client.

Hi,
Please check this topic out. Perhaps it helps your work with Alpha and VRS/CORS.

Jim Lin
Polaris GNSS Team

Hi,
Please check this topic out. Perhaps it helps your work with Alpha and VRS/CORS.

Jim Lin
Polaris GNSS Team