HOME BLOG SHOP FORUM CONTACT US TERMS

DGPS Signal Only-But connected to NTRIP Caster (Issue Resolved)

I have successfully connected to NTRIP caster, see attached photo. But can only achieve DGPS signal. My Alpha RTK is in ‘B’ mode.

Any tips on how to achieve an RTK fix>

Regards
Paul

0 Likes

If Usage Plan has not been purchased, the shipped Alpha receiver has no RTK functionality.

0 Likes

I have a third party VRS usage plan in Australia with ‘AllDayRTK’. I made this clear to your support team before purchasing the ‘Alpha RTK’

0 Likes

So just to confirm do I need a Polaris ‘Usage Plan’ and a 3rd party correction service such as ‘AllDayRTK’ ?

0 Likes

We do have below IMPORTANT notice on the product page.

0 Likes

Thanks, I’ll purchase a ‘One Year Usage Plan’

0 Likes

You can also try our Polaris NTRIP Client app which supports VRS-RTK service.

0 Likes

I have purchased the ‘One Year Usage Plan’ and still only get a DGPS fix on ‘NTRIP Client’.

What next?

0 Likes

Did you apply below activation code?

893209768A942776

95 D6 03 E6 B5 34 93 A9 DA 2D 18 76 B8 8C 6C 2B

0 Likes

I have achieved an ‘RTK’ fix today.

Thank you.

1 Like

YOU COULD EXPLAIN HOW THE PROBLEM SOLVED

0 Likes

I think paulbar673 has inputted his/her activation code and everything just goes fine.

0 Likes

I have already bought the plan but the problem that my polaris only reached rtk for a few seconds then it only maintained correction dgps

0 Likes

Hi Jorge,
How do you use your Alpha? Do you use it as a rover and get RTK correction data from a VRS system?
Can you give a screen capture from RTK viewer? That way we can have a better understanding of your satellite receiving situation.

0 Likes

I’m trying to use it as a cell phone connected to a local coorss station … but the problem only for a second takes fixed rtk and together the images of the client ntrip reader

0 Likes

Hi jorgegaray,
It seems your visible GNSS satellite number is not good enough. Can you try to raise the antenna higher or other ways to get more visibility to open sky?

0 Likes

perform another test and the antenna this time up to 5 m height with sky cleared with 18 visible satellite but only optengo rtk float

0 Likes

only for a few seconds you get a fixed rtk then in its longest time it is floating rtk, I already perform tests with different topography applications and it always gives me the same scenario. … I made the test with other equipment connected to the same time to the coors and these works correctly … only polaris I have not gotten it to work …

it will be that for it to work it must be the base also a poralis kit …

0 Likes

I am sorry that Alpha does not go very well with your CORS. Since you have another third-party device, can you use it as a personal NTRIP base and try again? I think a personal base-rover pair works better.

0 Likes

Hi,
Please check this topic out. Perhaps it helps your work with Alpha and VRS/CORS.

Jim Lin
Polaris GNSS Team

0 Likes