HOME BLOG SHOP FORUM CONTACT US TERMS

New App on Market: "Polaris Alpha+ NTRIP Server/Client"

The new app “Polaris Alpha+ NTRIP Server/Client” for Alpha+/Alpha is now on Google Play for download:

You can use this app to do NTRIP server or NTRIP client tasks so that your Alpha+/Alpha devices can connect with an NTRIP caster to receive/transmit RTK correction data.

1 Like

NTRIP Client Running on Phone.

1 Like

Installed the app on my devices but I have some issue: the app restart itself almost immediatly after retrieving the data from the gps. (Everything works with Lefebure ntrip client and Mobile Topographer) Maybe it’s because I have not activated the license and I am using it as a standard gps receiver?

A new version v1.03 of the app is released. This fixes the crashing situations.
Thank you for the reminding.

1 Like

Thanks, tried just now and it works. Seems stable too.
Have to buy and activate my rtk license now.

What app do you suggest to use for points survey as rover? Other than Mobile Topographer…

Mapit GIS is also a good option.

1 Like

Thanks, trying various options now.
Your Ntrip client included in the Alpha app does not work. With Lefebure client everything is good, I can get float-RTK and RTK corrections with different GNSS network and different mount points, while with yours I can’t get any correction. The correction bar always shows: 0.0 Kb received.
The app interface looks also very minimal compared to what you show in the demo video.
Will you release the full app later?

Mapit GIS seems to work fine for point collection, but the Mapit Ntrip client does not work. Do I need to configure the receiver to outpoot binary raw data to feed the Mapit Ntrip client? Cause it connects with it with Bluetooth, but does not display any data from it.

Try using mapit+lebefure, it works for me.

I already have, Mapit + Lefebure Ntrip client works. The issue is with the Mapit ntrip client, that is very similar to RTKGPS+ (another ntrip client).

Another issue I found is that the maximum number of satellite used is 12. I know that I can see and use much more with GPS + GLONASS + BEIDU + GALILEO. Even if using only GPS + GLONASS I have much more satellite in view and used on other gps receivers. Is this a bug?

I found there is an issue of app when you are using a Android 10 device together with VRS system. I am looking into this.
Thank you.

[Update]
A new version 1.04 of app, which fixed “connection with VRS” issue for Android 10 device, was released.

1 Like

No change for me. Tried the 1.04 app in adroid 9 and in android 10 phones, but still not able to get any correction data with your ntrip client, while lefebure works. Tried with different mount points and correction tipe, VRS, NRT, imax, fkp, etc… I get them all to work with Lefebure but not with your app.

Have also some other strange issues:

• Unable to change rover mode from rtcm to raw data (to use on uav). I try but it always says “mode change failed” .

• Max satellite shown with Lefebure Ntrip client is always 12. That makes no sense, because I can see that there are much more in view (an used) when connecting to alpha+ directly.

The app is not necessary, but these two last issues need resolving, otherwise is really not usable as rover.

Hello on my Alpha + also only appears 12 satellites, but as I do not have a license activated I still thought it was normal

Hi Johnny,
About app’s connection I have sent you a message for digging further the details.

Unable to change rover mode from rtcm to raw data (to use on uav). I try but it always says “mode change failed” .

Switch to A (left) before you configure it.

Max satellite shown with Lefebure Ntrip client is always 12. That makes no sense, because I can see that there are much more in view (an used) when connecting to alpha+ directly.

This is a NMEA format limitation and does not influence RTK performance.
Alpha+ actually uses more than 12 satellites to do RTK positioning, but Lefebure cannot read that from NMEA sentences.

1 Like

Hi Jadilson,
Please also read my previous post. Thanks.

This may arise from: (1) NMEA spec for GGA’s number of satellite in use definition, which has number in range of 0 ~ 12. (2) Many applications are not compatible with latest NMEA-0183 4.11 spec which specify to use GNS that could accommodate satellite in use ranging 0 ~ 99. (3) GGA that is compatible with most applications is chosen over GNS. (4) This results in seeing 12 when actually there are many more satellites used for position fix.

Hi Jackson,
first of all thanks for the support!
I have replied to you in e-mail, with a screenshot of the problem with raw data in rover mode. Of course I have the switch in the correct position (A) but the error message is still there.

Ragarding your app: I linked the GNSS services I am using, and they are all free, you just have to register, if you want to try directly with them. But I assure you they work with Lefebure Ntrip client, so there must be something else in your app.

And then, about the 12 max satellite problem in the Lefebure ntrip client: you can see in many videos that the app is fine and with other gnss receivers it shows the satellite number correctly, even in your video from your channel (with the old Alpha unit, I guess) it shows 20 satellite: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BbSGytKrWr0 , so probably the Lefebure app is not the problem here.

Thanks!

Hi Johnny,

…problem with raw data in rover mode.

I confirmed there is an issue changing from NMEA to UAV binary format.
Will fix it soon. Thank you.

…they work with Lefebure Ntrip client, so there must be something else in your app.

Please provide the VRS you are using, so that I can check what may be wrong.

1 Like

Ok thanks, I’ll wait for a fix.

I use mainly this local service: https://www.spingnss.it/spiderweb/frmIndex.aspx (I live in Torino, Italy)
You can register freely here to test the ntrip correction: https://www.spingnss.it/SBC/Account/Register
Please let me know if I can help.

What about the max satellite number in Lefebure ntrip client? Why did it work correctly with the old “Alpha” receiver and not with the new “Alpha+” unit?