HOME BLOG SHOP FORUM CONTACT US TERMS

No FixRTK only GPS and sometimes FloatRTK (Issue Resolved)

I don’t know why but my alpha+ never reaches fix and only for 1 second every 10-20 seconds gets float

I tried disabling just glonass aswell as everything except gps, didn’t change anything.
I tried the alpha+ official app as well.
Firmware is up to date.
When Float comes, baseline is 1.78km away(local government run cors)

Your Lefebure NTRIP Client shows changing between GPS mode and Float RTK intermittently. Usually this implies the Alpha+ RTK rover is occasionally receiving correct base station RTCM data. When it can correctly receive RTCM data and meeting some internal requirements, Float RTK is shown. When unable to receive correct RTCM data, GPS mode is then shown.

Please make sure you have stable Internet connection to the RTK base station service on your phone. After a short period, within 1 minute, should at least get stable RTK Float under open sky, if for some other reasons unable to get RTK Fix.

If you still have problem getting at least stable RTK Float, please send an email to info@polaris-gnss.com, we’ll provide access to our base station for testing. Although won’t be able to get RTK Fix due to too far distance, can at least cross compare if able to get stable RTK Fix, clarifying if it’s (1) Internet connection problem or (2) problem with your local government CORS.

Another thing to try:

Update Alpha+ to latest July 3, 2020 firmware. Don’t disable any satellite constellation, connect to your local government CORS testing under open sky environment to see if still problem.

If still experiencing problem, will need below information to find out what the problem might be:

1. A screen capture of the RTK Viewer, when connected to Alpha+; for confirming firmware version used.

2. Website link to the RTK base service you are using.

3. The RTK base service, is it GPS-only?, GPS/GLONASS?, GPS/GLONASS/Galileo? Or GPS/GLONASS/Galileo/Bedou? Which type?

4. To quickly see the problem you’re experiencing, please provide 5 minute NMEA log file.

5. To allow engineering looking into the problem, will need two simultaneous 15 minutes log files of (1) Alpha+ configured into base mode outputting binary raw measurement data, (2) your RTK base RTCM data.

Please put the log files into a Google Drive directory and provide the shareable link sending email to info@polaris-gnss.com for assistance.

Hi Aron,
I could not find your purchase history in our database with your email address. Did you get this Alpha+ from someone else, and perhaps the firmware used in this Alpha+ is not correct?
If you feel like to keep privacy, just send me a message to get this resolved.

Jim

My workplace bought the unit, i already upgrade firmware using latest rtk-viewer to july 3 firmware. Government cors is GPS/Glonass, below is list of mountpoints. The above picture is using MAC mountpoint, other mountpoints i don’t get any float. Later today i will save logs and send shareable link.

Blockquote
To allow engineering looking into the problem, will need two simultaneous 15 minutes log files of (1) Alpha+ configured into base mode outputting binary raw measurement data, (2) your RTK base RTCM data.

How do i save binary raw measurement?

I sent the email with the google drive link and info.

The MAC type is not support, please choose the RTCM30 one with legacy 1004 & 1012 messages. If still unable to get stable RTK Fix, please help logging 15 minutes of RTCM data and binary data for us to look into.

RTCM data can be logged by Lefebure NTRIP Client.

SkyTraq raw measurement data can be logged by method describe in Alpha+ user guide (1) page-7 #6, (2) page-43 section 8.

I get no Float or Fix using RTCM30 mountpoint, only GPS with 24-25 satellites. Later today i will put logs on drive.

I sent the updated logs to email info@polaris-gnss.com

Issue is resolved, i sent logs and they create new firmware to fix problem. Great service 10/10.